Sioux Empire Pit Rescue is a foster-home based, 501(c)3 rescue organization located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
As an all-volunteer rescue organization, individuals who give freely of their time and talents are the backbone of everything we do.
Volunteers support our rescue in a variety of different ways.
how can you help?
SEPR has a board of directors, but we rely on volunteers to help carry out every aspect of the rescue. Volunteers are used in all stages of a dog’s rescue!
We rely on volunteers for:
- transport of dogs
- providing foster homes (learn about our foster program)
- conducting home and reference checks for adoptive/foster homes (don't worry,we train you how!)
- handling dogs at adoption events and our “train-a-bull” classes
- help with socialization by taking various fosters on “doggie dates”
looking for something else?
We are always looking for people who can help out with the
"non-dog" related activities!
Volunteers are also the ones who:
- write newsletters
- compile and produce videos of the SEPR dogs
- design and create content, graphics, & printed materials
- create products for our online store
- write grants
- coordinate events/fundraisers
- answer e-mails
- update our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts
- communicate with media outlets for press releases and interviews
- educate the community through our programs
let's get started!
We are always looking for people to help put our mission into action!
You must be able to work independently and as part of a team, and adhere to SEPR’s philosophy and guidelines.
Volunteers must apply and go through a screening and short training process before beginning work with the rescue. Unfortunately, at this time we do not accept volunteers under the age of 18.
We would love to find out how you think your time and talents could help make a difference for a dog in need!